Guidance and forms needed to post a student employment position can be found in this section. Jobs can be posted as campus jobs and/or Federal Work Study. Federal Work Study (FWS) is a form of financial aid largely provided by federal funding.
On-Campus or Federal Work Study
How to Post a Position
- Download and complete the Job Posting-Description Form.
- Use the Student Assistant Classification Guide and Student Assistant Pay Schedule 2019 to aid you in determining the proper Student Assistant Classification.
- Email the completed Job Posting-Description Form to you unit's MSO for their electronic signature.
- MSO should forward the signed Job Posting form to the Center for Career and Professional Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Establishing a New Employee
- Meet with the new student employee prior to his or her first day of work. During the meeting, both you and the new student employee are required to sign the Job Posting-Description Form.
- Have the student report to Center for Career and Professional Advancement with the signed Job Description Form. They must have the necessary original documents i-9 List of Acceptable Documents to complete the i-9 form and the remaining hiring paperwork.